Patient Care ServicesLakes Area Hospice is certified to provide a full scope of home care, inpatient and nursing home care. Many items and services are covered under hospice that are not covered through any other type of home health service.
The following services are Medicare/Medicaid benefits available through our qualified hospice:
Medicare Hospice Benefits Include:
- Medications prescribed for hospice diagnosis
- Continuous service, when physician designates, even if care is considered custodial
- Medical supplies and equipment, such as hospital beds and oxygen, with no deductible or co-payment
- Inpatient respite care to provide rest for home care givers
- Counseling and chaplain visits in the home on a routine basis
- Bereavement counseling
- Short-term inpatient hospitalization with specialized hospice care, with no deductible or co-payment for patient
- Attending physician services reimbursed by Medicare at 80%
Hospice services are comprehensive and become more intense as the patient's needs increase. The cost savings for Medicare and Medicaid patients come at a time when financial stress is the greatest. To find out how hospice may best serve your needs, give us a call. Our staff is eager to listen.
Is It Time For Hospice?
Presently, you may be receiving services from other agencies and are not aware of hospice's services. When an illness is ongoing or is not getting better, hospice may be the best option for you or your loved one. A hospice social worker and nurse are ready to help you.